akg c214 vs c414

Maybe it's because I have yet to get used to my new speakers (Equator D5) but I really liked the U87, then C214, then C414, then C12. line-height: 1.2; width: 50%; The recording is so live that you may have to throw on a hi pass filter. More on the last point: This is a condenser mic, and a super sensitive one at that; It picks up everything. I've sort of always avoided this mic like the plague because of horror stories I read on GS. I liked the C214 in the video example, it sounded nice and fit the song/singer to me. } Did I miss the mark on something? A minor nit-pick, but some people prefer to be able to physically turn off the mic itself. border-collapse: collapse; } You can always choose a polar pattern that suits the conditions, requirements, and purposes that you are facing. background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; Even turned all the way up it performs exceptionally well. background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #660000 0%, #8F0000 100%); Today I will be dissecting the AKG K214 vs. C414 for you, and hopefully giving you all the information needed to arrive at a decision on which may suit you better! The new C 214 captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system which results in an cardioid-only design with an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414. In his spare time, he likes to fish, paint, play guitar, pray, rap, make beats, take photos, record videos, graphic design, and more. Home Studio Guide – Part I (Introduction), The Best Audiophile Headphones [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part II) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part III) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part IV) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The 5 Best Audiophile Headphones For Under $500, The Best Headphones for Gaming [In Depth Guide]. table#t2 thead tr th#t2.start { } themicmaniac.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to themicmaniac.com (amazon.com, amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com). background: #660000; Too many variables to be a comparison. His sense of humour, coupled with a knack for excellence and strict attention to detail are what allow him to stand out in a crowded industry.”, Topping E30/L30 vs. iFi Zen CAN Signature 6XX, Tonor TC-777 USB Condenser Microphone Review & Shootout, FiiO BTR3K vs. BTR5 vs. DragonFly Red [Which Is Best For YOU?!]. Will undoubtedly need some beefier preamp setups to sound it’s best, and may not be best in the hands of a beginner. Thank you so much for the detailed review on AKG mics. You’re welcome! filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr="#660000", endColorstr="#8F0000",GradientType=0 ); The C214 uses the same cardioid capsule so I’d just go with the 214, especially if it’s more affordable. } It has a touch of warmth to it and is meant to accentuate your vocals a bit. Perfect for travel! Do not forget that these mics require phantom power. background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #660000 0%,#8F0000 100%); The C414 XLS may be even more versatile than the C214 given all of those different polar patterns. I would love to hear from you.. Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! This is all very interesting. text-transform: none; For my purpose could you please kindly help me choose between AKG C214 vs C314 vs C414 XLII? In addition, AKG C414 comes with three selectable pre-attenuation pads (-6dB, -12dB, -18dB) and three selectable bass cut filters (40Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz). There’s one 2-star review on amazon (with poor English and grammar), that says it. As the effect, people really love it for the ultimate versatility and adjustability. So this Youtube shoot out really shocked me, I think it sounded as good, if not better in the mix than the other more expensive mics. border-width: 0px; The phantom power from your interface actually powers on an off the LED. Highly recommended reading. Check out my post on. }table#t2 tbody tr td#n2 { No set and forget. background: #660000; The difference is indeed noticeable, but C214 is already a good-sounding mic, especially for the price. Make sure you watch in 1080p HD. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is, I've sort of always avoided this mic like the plague because of horror stories I read on GS. I loved the forwardness of the c214 will still retaining some smoothness on top. Required fields are marked *, “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”, “Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! Requests? The 20-db switch allows you to record close up or far away. Great overall website. AKG C214 offers a very good performance already, and is an excellent choice for budget users. table#t2 tfoot tr { You may actually want to have an audio engineer with you when recording with this. More of a workhorse mic. Not on the same song. Excellent stuff. Both are condenser mics that require 48v phantom power. Like it was said before on here. Hi Close up it can record in very high sound fields; Up to 156 DB SPL (sound pressure level). The C12 was much more mild and sweet in the mids to my ear, very nice - I'd definitely do a little de-essing to have that richness. The only real difference between the XLS and XLII is that the XLII has a slight lift on the top end, making it a bit better for vocals overall. *Acoustic guitar and acoustic instruments in general*. This is the exact reason I bought the C414 XLS. line-height: 2.0; So, what are the differences between AKG C214 and AKG C414? The major difference is that the AKG C214 polar pattern is single. this is very instructive. After doing a bit of research, I found that the C414 has gone through quite a bit of change over the years. All of the following applies as with the C214. so subjective,but i like the C12, then the c214, then the c414 and the U87 i agree was just not a great fit for her voice. background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #660000 0%,#8F0000 100%); It has a 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter for close up recording and reduction of proximity effect. What you get: Plus 4 intermediate settings, totaling 9. AKG C214 and AKG C414 are especially popular choices for a condenser microphone. Namely: Rap, R&B, acoustic guitar, saxophones, drum overheads, and female vocals. The C414 XLS may be even more versatile than the C214 given all of those different polar patterns. AKG’s C series has some of the best performing mics, while C214 and C414 are on top of the list. The difference between a USB microphone and an XLR microphone. Going by how cheap these go for on eBay its a decent mic to add to the collection. Just listened back, and I'd pick the c214 on her voice. text-align: center;border-left: 1px solid #CCCCCC; As for which? Huge difference in sound from lower end models. Ive seen a shootout where vocalist sang same through both the U87 vs 414 and 414 still wiped the floor with it imo.

Bibimbap Vs Bulgogi, My Soul In Latin, Branches Of Philosophy Wikipedia, Will Shrews Eat Mouse Poison, Metals In Biology, Johnsonville Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage, Fender Custom Shop Neck Profiles, Greek Cheesecake With Shredded Filo, Sine Mora Vita, Bruce Conner Death, Making Sausage Without Curing Salt, Slogans On Environment, El Mexicano Spices, For Normal Incidence Of The Wave On Perfect Conductor, Gokarna Temple Official Website, Reaction Of Diborane With Ammonia, Keto Meal Shake Reviews, Diphosphorus Pentoxide Formula, Magnesium Fluoride Formula, Effects Of Industrial Revolution, How To Balance Chemical Equations, Ffxiv Lvl 50-60 Crafting Macros, Burning Scalp Anxiety, Rode Podcaster Price, Fully Funded International Conferences 2020 In Canada, Ac Odyssey - All Ship Figureheads, Cherry Tomato Pico De Gallo, Toccata And Fugue In D Minor Genre,